Monday 18 June 2012

Sally Hansen Insta Dri tested

If you are anything like me the biggest problem I have with painting my nails is time.  Ill just finish the last stroke to be met with "muuuum" or the dog wants walking or there is someone at the door etc.  Invariably it leads to at least one nail with a big smudge across it and my being a bit miffed.

I'd been reading about this so called miracle nail product Seche Vite which is a clear topcoat that claims to dry nails super quick, for convenience comes a price however and at around £10 for a 14ml bottle it aint cheap.  Over the weekend I went for a mooch around in Superdrug and was overjoyed to see the Sally Hansen version of this product on offer at £4.99 so I just had to try it.



This claims to have your nails dry to the touch in 30 seconds, pretty impressive!  Instructions are simple, paint your nails, wait 2 minutes, apply Insta Dri and you're good to go 30 seconds later.

To test it's brilliance I chose NYC Skinny Blue Denim with a coat of Technic Mermaid.  That was my first mistake.  I don't know what it is about Technic polishes but Insta Dri does not seem to like them at all.  Perhaps its because you naturally have a tendency to pile on the glitter?  Who knows, but applying Insta Dri as recommended did dry the polish, just not underneath so smudging still occurred.  In the end I had to go back to the old fashioned way of waiting whilst frantically blowing on my fingers...


Have to say though, as a colour combination goes I am rather in love with that look!  Once I was certain they were dry I did apply a coat of Insta Dri and I am pleased to report after 2 days of doing Mum like things (cooking, washing, Ironing, Dishes etc) there were no chips in the polish whatsoever.

Anyway, never one to be beaten I tried again today, just over a simple Rimmel Violet and I'm pleased to say that my nails were completely dry within the 30 seconds claimed with no chips.

Would I buy it again?  Definitely.  This will become a firm favourite in my nail box, though perhaps its best to be a little cautious when applying over glitter polishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment