Monday 18 November 2013

Adventure Time Enchiridion and Cake.

This weekend sees Comic Con arrive in Birmingham and my 16 year old Daughter is VERY excited.  She's been working on her costume for a while.  She choose to go as Fionna from Adventure Time and has put together a brilliant Cosplay which I'll show you in another post towards the weekend.

She came home from the local town yesterday and presented me with a bag of scrap felt, a pleading look and a picture of Fionna's cat, Cake.  Now understand dear blog reader sewing is NOT my forte, but I'm willing to try anything once.  Several hours, lots of swearing, blood and lost needles later we have a Cake.  If anyone looks at it closely I'm quite sure they would laugh loudly but from a distance she makes a passable small cat...

Cake the (not very good) Cat.

Breathing a sigh of relief that I had managed to actually make the damn cat and achieve bonus Mother points I sat back feeling smug.  Dear reader, it didn't last.
She reappeared with a picture of The Enchiridion and a battered copy of Horrid Henry.  This morning I set about transforming it with the aid of an empty cornflake packet, acrylic paints and a sharpie.  Here is the finished Enchiridion:


Side by side comparisons there are differences, but to be honest I came to the conclusion it's close enough.  Of course, when I'd finished I decided that there was little use in having an Enchiridion you couldn't actually read, so I added a couple of recreated (genuine) chapters, though the chapter numbers have been changed.

Cyclops Cry. A lot.

So there we have it.  On top of spraying a sword pink, creating rabbit ears and trying to tame blonde wigs I now live with a bona fide Fionna.  
If you see her at Comic Con please do come and say hi!



No comments:

Post a Comment