Friday 24 August 2012

GOSH Holographic

I am going to say something that I imagine will send waves of shock and horror straight through the nail polish communities...

I don't like GOSH Holo.

There, I said it.

I was fortunate (or unfortunate depending how you see it!) to find a bottle in a very small Superdrug branch in a small local town.  It was reduced and just sitting in a pile of other reduced makeup and polishes.  Of course, I'd seen the hype so I virtually skipped to the till, handed over £2 and dashed home to try it.

For anyone who's missed the hype this last few months, GOSH Holo was withdrawn after endless complaints about it chipping.  It was rebranded as 'One Night Only' and designed for one night wearing, though I'd heard tell of people getting several days out of it.

I was exceptionally disappointed, it was chipped within the hour and the top coat really took away any sheen it had unless I was standing in bright sunlight (I live in Stoke, we don't get a great deal of that here!).
Having listened to other bloggers who told me to use Matte undercoat and try again I have succumbed and once more my nails are holographic.  Except, as soon as the top coat went on, they were no longer.  In desperation I have applied a single coat over the topcoat in an attempt to get back the sheen, but I have to be brutally honest here and say that I don't get the hype.  It remains to be seen how long this lasts now.


There are at least half a dozen polishes I'd reach for in my box before this one I'm sad to said.  I appreciate that this probably now makes me nail outcast #1 but there you go.  Sorry girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment